STEIMAN, SHTEIMAN / ШТЕЙМАН

Модератор: anno_nin

Ответить
lauramonika

STEIMAN, SHTEIMAN / ШТЕЙМАН

#1 lauramonika » 16 фев 2011, 22:16

Hello
I am looking for information about my paternal grandfather Solomon STEIMAN/SHTEIMAN. He was born Jul. 15, 1901 in Bessarabia, son of Isaac STEIMAN and Anna nee MASTINSKY. He and my maternal grandparents came to Argentina about 1910-1912. His siblings were Raphael, Jose and Elena STEIMAN. He played violin. In Palacio (a small jewish colony in the north of Santa Fe province, Argentina), he worked as a cattle drover. He never became a citizen of Argentina, but I think a brother did. He died in Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina on Apr. 29, 1981, and is buried in the Jewish cemetery there.

My grandparents met in Palacio and married in 1924 or 1925, but there is no marriage record.

I cant found nothing about him and his fathers,( I knew him). I would like to know where he was borned (village or Shetl)

Regards

Laura

Дедушку по отцу звали Solomon STEIMAN/SHTEIMAN. Родился 15 июля 1901 в Бессарабии. Имена его родителей: Isaac STEIMAN и Anna MASTINSKY (дев). Они прибыли в Аргентину одновременно с родителями моей мамы, примерно в 1910-1912. Его братьев и сестру звали Raphael, Jose and Elena STEIMAN. Сам он никогда так и не стал гражданином Аргентины, но кто-то из его братьев, кажется, стал. Мне бы очень хотелось узнать что-то о его предках и о том месте, откуда они были родом

Дмитрий Широчин
Администратор
Благодарил (а): 557 раз
Контактная информация:

Re: ШТЕЙМАН ( STEIMAN/ SHTEIMAN )

#2 Дмитрий Широчин » 17 фев 2011, 00:14

1. Может быть, потомки Рафаэля, Хосе и Елены больше знают о своих предках. Вы пробовали их найти и расспросить? Не сохранилась ли у них переписка Штейманов начала века между собой и/или с оставшейся в Бессарабии частью семьи (там может быть упоминание населенных пунктов) ?
2. При получении гражданства Аргентины Рафаэль и/или Хосе наверняка заполняли какие-то анкеты. Смотрели ли Вы их?

May be, the descendants of of Rafael, Jose and Elena know more about your mutual Shteiman ancestors. Did you try to find them and query about the topic? Have they Shteimans correspondence of 1-st half of 20th century - there could be mentioned the names of the shteteles ?

Did you try to find the official forms fullfilled by Rafael and/or Jose when he applied for Argentina citizenship ?
http://j-roots.info/
GENEALOGIJA ir ISTORIJA, UAB. "Мои": Гойхман (Рашков), Марголис (Двинск, Вильна), Устрайх (Витебская губерния), Тейтельбаум (Полоцк), Рапопорт (Лепельский уезд, Двинск), Кельман (Кишинев)

feld1

#3 feld1 » 17 фев 2011, 03:42

1. You mentioned birthplace as Bessarabia. Don't forget- it can be modern Moldova or Ukraine. specifically former Kherson govern or Podolia govern, now Odessa, Nikolaev or Vinnitsa oblast.
2. Did you check Yadvashem database?

feld1

#4 feld1 » 17 фев 2011, 04:14

In the jewishgen database about Refugees in Tashkent you can find a few Steimans from Odessa, and 2 of them - daughters of Isaak, born in 1913 and 1915.They could be you relatives ( why not?)

lauramonika

#5 lauramonika » 17 фев 2011, 05:15

Hello Feld1
I know the changes of government and names of the countries. One of the brothers of my grandfather have a Kherson in his death certificate. But also i found a different mother name! too much !!!
I checked the Yadvashem database, I found a LOT of Steiman's... but after that how could I contact the submitter??

:cryy:

"Мои":СТЕЙМАН(Бессарабия), ГЕНДЛЕР, БЕНДЕРСКИЙ(Рыбница), ИСРАИЛЕВИЧ(Минск) и ГОЛОВ.

lauramonika

#6 lauramonika » 17 фев 2011, 19:19

Dear Shenia

The descendants of rafael Shteiman are all dead. I tried to contact the Jose daughter but she just told me her father was from Bessarabia.Her daugher dont want tell me more...
Elena's descendant I have not founded by the moment.

I think Rafael ask for citizenship i dont know where I could look for, maybe at General Archives od people at Buenos Aires?

I have not any letter from Shteiman's

We have a lot of Vainshtein here at Rosario did you know?

Laura
ShirSin писал(а):1. Может быть, потомки Рафаэля, Хосе и Елены больше знают о своих предках. Вы пробовали их найти и расспросить? Не сохранилась ли у них переписка Штейманов начала века между собой и/или с оставшейся в Бессарабии частью семьи (там может быть упоминание населенных пунктов) ?
2. При получении гражданства Аргентины Рафаэль и/или Хосе наверняка заполняли какие-то анкеты. Смотрели ли Вы их?

May be, the descendants of of Rafael, Jose and Elena know more about your mutual Shteiman ancestors. Did you try to find them and query about the topic? Have they Shteimans correspondence of 1-st half of 20th century - there could be mentioned the names of the shteteles ?

Did you try to find the official forms fullfilled by Rafael and/or Jose when he applied for Argentina citizenship ?

"Мои":СТЕЙМАН(Бессарабия), ГЕНДЛЕР, БЕНДЕРСКИЙ(Рыбница), ИСРАИЛЕВИЧ(Минск) и ГОЛОВ.

Дмитрий Широчин
Администратор
Контактная информация:

#7 Дмитрий Широчин » 17 фев 2011, 19:51

lauramonika писал(а): Dear Shenia

I think Rafael ask for citizenship i dont know where I could look for, maybe at General Archives od people at Buenos Aires?

We have a lot of Vainshtein here at Rosario did you know?

Laura
Dear Laura,
(I don't know who is Shenia - my name is Dmitry :) ) I also don't know Argentina archival system - it's better to ask local historicians or, may be, local civil servants - but I understand that a key to your research is easier to find there, not in Moldova and/or Ukraine. Usually such files are in archives of Home Office, may be, here http://www.mininterior.gov.ar/archivo/archivo.php

Sorry I didn't understand what did you mean re Vainshtein. I think this information is not for me :)

Good luck,

Dmitry

GENEALOGIJA ir ISTORIJA, UAB. "Мои": Гойхман (Рашков), Марголис (Двинск, Вильна), Устрайх (Витебская губерния), Тейтельбаум (Полоцк), Рапопорт (Лепельский уезд, Двинск), Кельман (Кишинев)

Kaaskop
Благодарил (а): 57 раз
Контактная информация:

#8 Kaaskop » 17 фев 2011, 19:58

Для Жени Вайнштейн:)
Просьба писать мне в личку только:
- если Вы знаете что-то по интересующим меня вопросам.
Остальные вопросы генеалогического характера вынуждена оставлять без ответа.

Друзья! Наряду с форумом, не забывайте заглядывать на сайт: http://j-roots.info/

Ищу:евреи г.Вязьмы
Сендерихины/Шендерихины - везде
Кромощ/Кромошевы/Крамаж - везде

Мой блог "Вязьма еврейская"

Дмитрий Широчин
Администратор
Контактная информация:

#9 Дмитрий Широчин » 17 фев 2011, 20:00

Kaaskop писал(а):Для Жени Вайнштейн:)
Точно - не сообразил, глупый :lol:

mod970

#10 mod970 » 17 фев 2011, 20:14

Наглядная иллюстрация искажения имен и фамилий в иностранной транскрипции. Так и бродим в поисках... :cryy:

feld1

#11 feld1 » 18 фев 2011, 04:35

lauramonika писал(а):Hello Feld1
I know the changes of government and names of the countries. One of the brothers of my grandfather have a Kherson in his death certificate. But also i found a different mother name! too much !!!
I checked the Yadvashem database, I found a LOT of Steiman's... but after that how could I contact the submitter??

:cryy:

lists in Yadvashem database usually contain information about submitter- name, country, address.
BTW you can search Ellis-Island database - maybe some Steimans from Ukraine or Moldova or Romania came to US?It can give you information about actual town or village

lauramonika

#12 lauramonika » 18 фев 2011, 04:49

ShirSin писал(а):
Kaaskop писал(а):Для Жени Вайнштейн:)
Точно - не сообразил, глупый :lol:
1- Жени Вайнштейн is the name or nickname od moderator here!!!
Eugene is the shenia translation?

2-Today i checked the phone book of mi city and I reached to found a cousine of mine (second degree) she is still alive (85 years old) and she is the daughter of Elena Steiman, sister of my grandfather Salomon.

Next week i will to visit her, I hope she dont will tell me "they were fron Bessarabia"!!!!!
:-x

Laura

lauramonika

#13 lauramonika » 18 фев 2011, 04:57

feld1 писал(а):In the jewishgen database about Refugees in Tashkent you can find a few Steimans from Odessa, and 2 of them - daughters of Isaak, born in 1913 and 1915.They could be you relatives ( why not?)
Yes could be, I have printed some time ago the Steiman's from Bessarabia.

Thanks

lauramonika

#14 lauramonika » 18 фев 2011, 05:00

mod970 писал(а):Наглядная иллюстрация искажения имен и фамилий в иностранной транскрипции. Так и бродим в поисках... :cryy:
In spanish if I must said "Вайнштейн " I red Vainshtein , this is correct.Not a distortion

Laura

Дмитрий Широчин
Администратор
Контактная информация:

#15 Дмитрий Широчин » 18 фев 2011, 08:47

Laura, Vainshtein is correct spelling, of course. "Shenya" has small mistake, "Zhenya" would be correct.
lauramonika писал(а): Today i checked the phone book of mi city and I reached to found a cousine of mine (second degree) she is still alive (85 years old) and she is the daughter of Elena Steiman, sister of my grandfather Salomon.

Next week i will to visit her, I hope she dont will tell me "they were fron Bessarabia"!!!!!
:-x Laura
Tru to ask her about all: names of places, names of persons, dates, professions and so on... Good luck!!!

Ответить

Вернуться в «My Jewish Ancestry in Russia and USSR»