GRANAT (Odessa, Makhnovka) / ГРАНАТ (Одесса, Махновка)

Модератор: anno_nin

suewelsh
Благодарил (а): 1 раз

#81 suewelsh » 11 окт 2020, 09:46

Hello everyone. I hope you are all well. We are living through difficult times, and (Baruch HaShem) I hope we will all get through them in good health.

During the quarantines here in California, i have spent a lot of time doing genealogy. I have found new information about my grandfather, Morris Granet, which makes me suspect that he was probably born circa 1860 rather than 1870. When he married my grandmother, Rebecca, I think that he lied about his age. They wanted to get funding to go to Canada from the Jewish Board of Guardians, and the Guardians only wanted to fund young couples. At about 45 years old, he would have been considered middle-aged, and wouldn't have gotten money to go to Canada, a stipend to live on, and a job, as he did when the sailed. Rebecca's family always said she married an old man, and Morris said that his wrinkled skin was from living in the sun aboard ships. It now seems that he may have bee trying to see if he could pass as a younger man. How would this have affected his story as I described it in my early posts? Were there mutinies in the 1880's? I found out some things about his desertion, as well, but I wanted to get your feedback on the above possible new information.

Thank you all again for your previous help. בלייב געזונט

suewelsh
Благодарил (а): 1 раз

#82 suewelsh » 26 окт 2020, 08:10

Oztech: Hello Gregory. I sent you a private email. Please let me know if you have not received it by tomorrow, and I will re-send it to you. Many thanks. Susan

oztech
Благодарил (а): 578 раз

#83 oztech » 09 дек 2020, 12:14

suewelsh писал(а):
26 окт 2020, 08:10
I sent you a private email. Please let me know if you have not received it by tomorrow, and I will re-send it to you.
Hi, suewelsh, I don't remember if I see your post before. I can't remember anything about the letter too.
Григорий

mihail
Благодарил (а): 1175 раз

#84 mihail » 22 дек 2020, 12:38

suewelsh писал(а):
11 окт 2020, 09:46
Were there mutinies in the 1880's?
The version of the mutiny (no matter when it might have been) seems very dubious.Flight abroad after the rebellion - too (how? where? which way?).

Ответить

Вернуться в «My Jewish Ancestry in Russia and USSR»