BOODMAN/BUDMAN (Tulchin) / БУДМАН (Тульчин)

Модератор: anno_nin

Ответить
CynthiaRottenberg
Благодарил (а): 13 раз

BOODMAN/BUDMAN (Tulchin) / БУДМАН (Тульчин)

#1 CynthiaRottenberg » 18 окт 2017, 22:55

My great grandfather was Moses Boodman (1889?-1925 or so), a cantor in Tulchin.
His wife was Pesza/Pessie Zamochnek (abt 1883-1867) Boodman and his children were Chana/Annie/Hania (1907-1973), Ada/Gyda/Ida (-1982), and Charlie/Sgaja (1916-1995). The different name spellings are from the passports, ship manifests, marriage licenses and other documents I have found.

After Moses was killed in a pogrom, his wife and children immigrated to Montreal. I want to know where Moses was born, which in synagogue(s) he was cantor, and where he is buried. I have not been able to find Boodman or Budman in the dozens of genealogy sites, nor that name in books and lists of people who work in synagogues, churches, religious schools in Imperial Russia, USSR, or Ukraine.

Does anyone here know about the Boodmans from Tulcheen/Tulchin?

I have attached photos of Moses, Chana as a teenager with sidecurls! (my grandmother), and her brother Charlie grown up.
IMG_6835.jpg
IMG_6834.jpg
Thank you!
Cynthia

Мой прадед Моисей Будман (1889–~1925)был кантором в Тульчине.
Его жена Песя Замочнек (ок. 1883-1867).
Их дети: Хана / Анни / Ханна (1907-1973),
Ада / Гида / Ида (?-1982) и
Чарли / Сгая (1916-1995).
Я нашла паспорта, судовые манифесты, свидетельста о браке и другие документы. Везде написание имен разное.

Моисей был убит во время погрома.
Его жена и дети иммигрировали в Монреаль. Как можно узнать место рождения Моисея, в какой синагоге (ах) он был кантором и где он похоронен?
Мне не удалось найти фамилию Будман ни на генеалогических сайтах, ни в книгах и списках людей, которые работают в синагогах, церквях, религиозных школах РИ, СССР или Украины.
Не могли бы вы помочь найти какую нибудь информацию?
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
Последний раз редактировалось CynthiaRottenberg 16 авг 2018, 02:00, всего редактировалось 3 раза.
Rotenberg, Medwedeff, Hecht, Sharubsky, Zamochnek, Budman.
Busk, L'viv, Lemberg, Tulchin, Bratslav, Krolevets

Дмитрий Широчин
Администратор
Благодарил (а): 557 раз
Контактная информация:

Boodman/Budman family in Tulchin

#2 Дмитрий Широчин » 18 окт 2017, 23:05

CynthiaRottenberg писал(а):...his wife's family named Zamtchnise (which was on Pessie's Montreal obituary and may be a very bad transliteration)...
I don't think "Zamtchnise" is a family name. More likely it's a birthplace - Zamchishe, "Замчище"(place where sometimes was a castle, from "Zamok", "Замок").
http://j-roots.info/
GENEALOGIJA ir ISTORIJA, UAB. "Мои": Гойхман (Рашков), Марголис (Двинск, Вильна), Устрайх (Витебская губерния), Тейтельбаум (Полоцк), Рапопорт (Лепельский уезд, Двинск), Кельман (Кишинев)

CynthiaRottenberg

#3 CynthiaRottenberg » 18 окт 2017, 23:29

Thank you! That is very helpful.

MOCKBA
Благодарил (а): 2026 раз

#4 MOCKBA » 18 окт 2017, 23:40

Budman is widespread in Ukraine. The other unpronouncable name defies any attempts to guess what it could have meant
Гоникберг (Могилев-Подольский, Ушицкий уезд, и повсюду), Прусс, Черницкий(Городок Витебской), Пальман (Витебск), Богин, Рудерман (Минск), Лапицкий (Копысь, Киев)

oztech
Благодарил (а): 578 раз

#5 oztech » 18 окт 2017, 23:47

CynthiaRottenberg писал(а): The different name spellings are from the passports, ship manifests, marriage licenses and other documents I have found... I have attached photos
Cynthia, the scanned documents are more informative than photos. Would you like to attach something with surnames and places?
Григорий

CynthiaRottenberg

Boodman/Budman family in Tulchin / БУДМАН (Тульчин)

#6 CynthiaRottenberg » 19 окт 2017, 02:34

Good suggestion. Documents. (My Grandpa Rottenberg is included on some of these, but I will start another thread about his family.) I just noticed that one of the ship manifests lists Constantinople as origin . . . Could they have left from there to Liverpool? I had it in my mind that my grandmother and family left on foot and traveled through Poland, not through Turkey. Maybe they said that because the number of immigrants from Ukraine was limited by America or Canada at that point in history.

CynthiaRottenberg

#7 CynthiaRottenberg » 19 окт 2017, 02:46

Manifests. :hi:

CynthiaRottenberg

#8 CynthiaRottenberg » 20 окт 2017, 07:53

The Budmans are in the top left of both ship papers. It's interesting . . . I just restarted some research on Tulchin, but typing in Podolia instead of Vinnitsia, and it was like a whole world opened up to me. I thought I knew the different names of the towns and counties, etc. through time - but today I found a photo of a document of my Great Aunt Ada's, which I had to read with a magnifying glass (!), and she had written Tulchin, Podolia.

CynthiaRottenberg

#9 CynthiaRottenberg » 06 июн 2018, 17:31

Well, I have solved the "ZAM" mystery! The name Zamochnek was shortened to Zam by Abe, one of my great grandmother's siblings.

David Zamochnek (1848–1911) from Ostropol, Volhynnia, Russia is the father of my great grandmother Pessie Zamochnik
(1884–1967) who was born in Novyy Konstantinov, Khmelnytsky, Ukraine. Pessie was the wife of Moses Boodman the cantor (see above), who I am still researching.

Sergio Fisch
Благодарил (а): 9 раз

#10 Sergio Fisch » 06 июн 2018, 17:59

"In 1796 - 1797 years here was the headquarters of the commander Alexander Suvorov. Permanent presence of a significant military contingent, the many and varied needs of the army and army officials favored the development Tulchinsk market provided employment to artisans of all disciplines and traders of all ranks, and subsequently fenced Tulchin community from 1881-1882, pogroms. and of 1905-1906. Tulchin Jewish community numbered at the turn of XVIII-XIX centuries, more than 1 300 people, possessed a synagogue and two kloyzami ("Jewish rock school with two similar prishkolkami"). The results of measurements of the ruins of the synagogue, made ​​in 1948"... Etc.

Only one synagogue, then. And several waves of pogroms. Source:

https://www.iajgsjewishcemeteryproject. ... lchin.html
FISCH (Фиш) & SVETLITZA (Светлица) - Efingar (Плющевка), Kherson (Херсон), Dobroye (Доброе / Добрая), Odessa (Одесса), Mykolayiv (Николаев), Novopoltavka (Новополтавка). 1850-1917. Sztark (Штарк), Felzner (Фельзнер) & Klasner (Класнер) (Silesia, 1800-1925).

Sergio Fisch

#11 Sergio Fisch » 06 июн 2018, 18:09

State Archives of Vinnytsia Oblast
This archive is located at:
17 Soborna Srt., Vinnytsia, 21050 (building 1)
12 Pyrohov Str., Vinnytsia, 21050 (building 2)
Tel./fax: +380 (432) 35-26-01
Tel: +380 (432) 35-03-00
E-mail: vinn_archive@ukr.net

Source:
https://kehilalinks.jewishgen.org/tulch ... chives.asp

The link to "Vinnytsia Region Archive" is broken.
FISCH (Фиш) & SVETLITZA (Светлица) - Efingar (Плющевка), Kherson (Херсон), Dobroye (Доброе / Добрая), Odessa (Одесса), Mykolayiv (Николаев), Novopoltavka (Новополтавка). 1850-1917. Sztark (Штарк), Felzner (Фельзнер) & Klasner (Класнер) (Silesia, 1800-1925).

Sergio Fisch

#12 Sergio Fisch » 06 июн 2018, 18:15

In Tulchyn (today Podolia Gubernia) there is an old Jewish cemetery. You could ask someone from there to visit it.

CynthiaRottenberg

#13 CynthiaRottenberg » 06 июн 2018, 18:49

I read that the brewery in Tulchin has been given back to the Jewish community. Here is a great source: http://jewua.org/bratslav/

Ответить

Вернуться в «My Jewish Ancestry in Russia and USSR»